5.11.2016

Xmas Tree with Pearls


With this project I was inspired by the DYI embossing plate tutorial 
by the extremely talented Yana Smakula and I decided to make my own embossing plate using the Sizzix Woodlands Die by Tim Holtz. 

Unfortunatelly I couldn't make a better pictures where the embossing effect would be better visible so you have to look twice and believe me :-)
This is a fun because you can have any pattern you want!


First I cut our two trees from a solid cardboard of 300g 
and adhere them to another cardboard. 
Then I placed the watercolor paper and passed it all together by Big Shot. 
I received a pretty embossed trees! 
I started to blending green Distress Inks, 
I sprayed with water making some drops. 
After that I stamped the Scrollwork stamp with Embossing Ink 
and applied Clear Embossing Powder. 
I smeared the edges with brown Distress Inks and Crayons. 


I made some small holes around te trees and put the pearl chains 
adhering them on the back of my card with adhesive tape. 
Finally I made drops of "snow" with Distress Picket Fence Spray.
I applied Nuvo drops making tree ornaments 
and gave a touch of Opal Magic Acrylic Paint by Prima. 


Supplies: