2.05.2016

Home Decor - Simon Monday Challenge



Hello there! 
Whata a fabulous theme we have for you today 
at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!


Let us challenge you to show us your... 

HOME DECOR

This is what will wake up your creation for sure!
The possibilities are just endless. 
I'm thrilled to see your projects!

To encourage you, I'll tell you there is a $50 voucher funded by our generous sponsor Simon Says Stamp which you could spend in the best scrap shop ever:



This is my inspiration, maybe would help you.
I had so much fun and pleasure making my shadow box.
I guess it's my first EVER! I've always wanted to do it. 
And this is the project I'm really proud of.
It's something absolutely for me, with sentences which I need to remember everyday so from now it's the main element of my craft desk...
I felt in love with recently received Distress Stains especially in Pumice Stone and Weathered Wood mixed together. 
I'm sure I will share more projects with this color combo.


It's not a big thing and has approx. 20x15 cm but can contain lots of details!

The base was covered with a layer of White Gesso and randomly painted with Distress Stains: Pumice Stone, Weathered Wood, Thumlbed Glass and Shabby Shutters and sprayed with water to let the colors blend naturally. 

After that I touched it randomly with Black Dylusions Paint and White Gesso. The inside corners were painted with Vintage Photo Distress Stain and blended with water again. 

After putting all the walls together I could start the best part: embellishing. 
There are stamps by Tim Holtz and Wendi Vecchi and Idea-ology rub-ons, some metal and wooden elements from my old stash, flower ribbon and pieces of natural light wood taken from a pout-pourri set :-) 

To give the softiness I put some Wildflowers and a resin embellishment. 

Be patient, there are a lot of pictures! I hope you like it as I do!